Paper no. 883 06. 01. 2004
Guest Column-by Rajesh Tembarai Krishnamachari
In the present scenario where people spend more time taking in media information than interacting with other people, media reports yield a tremendous influence on the readers’ mind down to a subconscious level. Media coverage today has an inordinate impact on the views of the populace in general and the administration in particular. 10000 people perishing in a famine in Sub-Saharan Africa might go unnoticed, but the killing of 10 Israelis is given wide coverage enough to impart a 180-degree turn to the foreign policy of the world’s sole superpower.
It is in this recognition of the new global arena that has spurred certain vestedinterest groups to pump in billions of dollars to PR firms, advertisement agencies and lobbyists in an attempt to garner public support for their actions. In this regard, Indians in general and Hindus in particular have lagged behind considerably. This paper aims and hopes to provide ‘motivation, guidance and perhaps the inspiration’ to young Indians to take up the cause of the country through the pen and become intellectual warriors or Bauddhika Kshatriya-s.
Dr David Frawley had first enunciated the concept of ‘Bauddhika Kshatriya’ in a classic article in the context of Hindu religion . The present paper extends the idea to the convergent realm of Indian nationalism, Indian religion and Indian culture.
The modern era is, not without reason, called the Information Age . The layman is inundated by reams of information. Perception rules over reality and packaging of the information often scores over contents. The ability of the educational system and media to mould public opinion is well recognized by the various pressure groups in the world. Both M K Gandhi  and M A Jinnah  utilized the power of the media to their maximum advantage. The media’s power is further reinforced in ‘trust and value driven’ Oriental societies where the media word is often accepted as the Biblical truth.
In neighboring Pakistan, the history books were tampered with (beginning in the Zia regime) to inculcate a feeling of hatred and animosity towards the Hindus . The ideology of Pakistan was projected as an Islamic one and all history preceding the advent of Islam was erased . In India, the Marxist historians planted false theories like the Aryan Invasion Myth  to divide the people on a regional and caste basis. The Mughal era atrocities were whitewashed  and every indigenous effort was denigrated. Our history books of the last 50 years were modified to inculcate a sense of self-deprecation amongst the Indian youth.
In the present context, the Hindu nationalists are attempting to rewrite history with two foremost objectives: 
- Indians are made aware of their glorious past and made to feel proud of their splendid heritage. The confident Indian youth are then enthused and exhorted to take India to the pinnacle of glory that once belonged to it.
- The mistakes committed by the Indians in the past are highlighted. An objective post-mortem examination of the same preempts committing the same mistake again in the future.
As David Frawley  points out, other cultures and traditions have realized the power of the media to influence public opinion. Islamic lobbies invest billions in United States to obscure the realities of their faith as exposed by their more radical co-religionists . Another aspect of the combat in this new arena is its degeneration into a vicious disinformation program against adversaries or groups with conflicting ideologies. ‘In this contest whoever puts out information first usually gains credibility by defining the field. Whoever puts out information in the most sophisticated and high tech
manner has the best audience in the long run and generally the best success in promoting their agenda.’ 
Even Pakistan and China have implemented several steps in this direction to project their influence and indulge in a blatant disinformation campaign against the Indians. Pakistanis control every South Asian think-tank in the UnitedStates . The very idea of a South Asian entity is abhorrent to the author . All the positive points about India get transferred to this South Asian bloc and in return we are saddled with the negative connotations arising from the nefarious activities of the Pakistanis and the Bangladeshis. While China projects the notion of Greater China  vigorously, the notion of Greater India  is vituperatively dismissed. The Indian elephant becomes the Asiatic elephant . The Pakistani pseudo-scholars already address the Indian Ocean as the South Asian Ocean . Articles on yoga  and meditation  in the US mainstream media no more mention India. The success of the Pakistani endeavor is seen in the fact that the US administration still treats India and Pakistan on an equal footing. 
Within India, the Resident Non-Indians  have done everything in their power to hamper national integration and destruct the unity and integrity of our country. Every group with the initials mentioning the words peace, justice and secularism  is controlled by the Marxists who have left no stone unturned to denigrate India and its people. The Marxists have displayed expert coordination in their activities complementing each other in every sense of the word. Lubricated and propelled ahead by mammon and fame, they collude in their diabolical schemes to push India to permanent ignominy and penury .
The Marxists’ subversion of our history books  and the resulting damage to India’s psyche is well documented. They control the English language press  and use it repeatedly to attack the Indian interests. The Goebbelsian Marxists through specious reasons projected the incontrovertible evidence of the Ayodhya temple as nebulous . The Marxist intellectuals through another display of wizardly casuistry depicted the Narendra Modi government as anti-Muslim ignoring the fact his administration arrested (including preventive) more than 27900 Hindus as compared to less than 7700 Muslims .
It is the success of the untiring efforts of the Resident Non-Indians that the West views us through the stereotypes of ‘caste, dowry deaths, widow burning, strange cults, poverty and superstition’. 
Indian gods are insulted as phallic cults, Indian beliefs are dismissed as animist, Indian culture is denigrated as primitive, Indian values are condemned as anachronistic, Indian heritage is ignored as worthless, Indian people are looked down upon as penurious. If ever there was a need for an intellectual warrior to guard India’s consciousness, pride and national interests, it is now, it is now and it is now.
Who is a Bauddhika Kshatriya?
The venerable patriot-saint Sri Aurobindo defines a Bauddhika Kshatriya as follows: “”[Such a person] should be absolutely unsparing in our attack on whatever obstructs the growth of the nation, and never be afraid to call a spade a spade. Excessive good nature will never do … in serious politics.
Respect of persons must always give way to truth and conscience… What India needs especially at this moment is aggressive virtues, the spirit of soaring idealism, bold creation, fearless resistance, courageous attack; of the passivetamasic inertia we already have too much.” 
Every culture, every religion and every nation has its intellectual warriors, who articulate its cherished values, present a favorable view of it, challenge negative outlooks, define its present and lay out a grand framework for its glorious future. A Bauddhika Kshatriya would dispassionately yet aggressively defend the Indian civilizational ethos without the fear of being named a communalist or a fundamentalist. A Bauddhika Kshatriya would rise like a sun dispelling the false notions circulating about India and defend her incomparable pluralistic traditions from the onslaught of exclusivist creeds in the economic, political and religious realm. 
India’s unique heritage
To define the code of conduct of such a Bauddhika Kshatriya, it is essential to understand the unique nature of India’s heritage. A French Catholic has three aspects to his identity: his nationality comes from France, his religion comes from Italy and his culture comes from Greece. For an Indian religionist in India, the nationality comes from India, the religion also comes from India and the culture also comes from India. It is this understanding of the convergent nature of Indian Nationalism, Indian Religion and Indian Culture that a Bauddhika Kshatriya would seek to promote.
Today this unique tradition bequeathed to us by our illustrious forefathers is under threat on all the three fronts. Indian nationalism is denunciated and labeled jingoism. Even today Ambedkarites point to the fact that Ambedkar opposed the freedom struggle and proudly acclaim their great leader of being a ‘true internationalist’ instead of being a narrow minded nationalist like Sardar Vallabhai Patel . NGOs assisting poor tribals in India are attacked and accused of funding hate campaigns . Attempts are made to ruin the cracker industry by accusing it of child labor even if it had been removed from the scene . Certain Marxist intellectuals even exhorted industrialists to restrain themselves from investing in Gujarat . Recently a ‘secular Indian’ English daily gleefully reported that Indians would not support their country blindly . Another ‘secular Indian’ daily labeled Vajpayee’s pledge to recover PoK as populist and criticized ‘wanton exoneration of the army’ . Editors of 2 ‘secular Indian’ English newspapers held a press conference in Islamabad and demonized the Delhi government as bellicose.  A ‘secular Indian’ author recently opposed the Indian claim to obtain a permanent seat at the United Nations . Another ‘secular Indian’ author accused Vajpayee of displaying ‘typical Brahminical deviousness’ .
Indian religion is also under severe attack. Demographic studies have underlined the rapid decline in the number of Indian Religionists.  The percentage of the Indian Religionists in the subcontinent has decreased from about 89% in the 1870s to less than 69% currently.  India now has the world’s largest number of Christian missionaries  who haven’t hesitated to employ any overt or covert means in their efforts to convert this land into a Christian colony . To add to the misery of the Indians, the government legally takes away the temple revenues and redistributes the money amongst the churches and the madrassas . This has led to the complete collapse of several temples and the resultant spiritual vacuum is being exploited by vested interests . 600,000 Hindus were thrown out from Kashmir, which is the land of Kashyapa, and still no one complains of genocide or a pogrom . In contrast the death of 700 Muslims in a state having 5 million Muslims was highlighted for days in the ‘secular Indian’ media . The government has failed to realize the importance of the unique socio-religio-political glue that Hinduism employs to hold India together as a single nation.
Indian culture is lampooned by the ‘secular Indian’ media. Our national song is declared ‘communal’ and rejected . Our invocation for education like the Saraswati Vandana is mocked at . Our goddesses, whom we revere, are depicted in the nude to insult our sensibilities . Indologists publish books with offensive language on our gods . Our indigenous customs are satirized and the people are reprimanded for continuing them. The United Nations recently pointed out that the tradition of Vedic chanting is on its way to extinction in this country within the coming 30 years . Our youngsters are taught the Bible before they even hear of the Gita and the Upanishads . Indigenous art, sculpture, music, literature and dance are all on their way to extermination within the next 25 years .
Code of Conduct of a Bauddhika Kshatriya
A Bauddhika Kshatriya would base his/her conduct on the great Intellectual Warriors of the past like Adi Sankara , Guru Gobind Singh , Swami Vivekananda  and Sri Aurobindo . A Bauddhika Kshatriya would assemble a team of dedicated workers to uphold the convergent triumvirate of Indian nationalism, Indian religion and Indian culture against this information and media onslaught. ‘Such individuals must be above commercial manipulation and self-promotion, working tirelessly to counter this disinformation flood.’ 
A Bauddhika Kshatriya shall be adept in the ancient Indian technique of tarka or intellectual debate . The individual must be a perfect combination of Brahma (spiritual power) and Kshatra (political power). The Bauddhika Kshatriya would project an articulate and compelling intellectual view that would bring back the alienated western educated Indian elite to its eternal roots. As Frawley suggests, “A true Kshatriya is devoted to Dharma and cannot be won over by name, fame, influence or money. He is not seeking office, to create a vote bank, or to gain followers, but to uphold Dharma without compromise or inflexibility.” 
Swami Vivekananda had recognized the idealism in the youth and channelised that towards the advancement of our nation.  Swami Vivekananda in the east, Savarkar  and Tilak  in the west and Sri Aurobindo  all combined religion with patriotism in gallant attempts to turn Sanatana Dharma into a world cultural force through which a notion of Greater India could be projected. The modern Bauddhika Kshatriya would embed the solutions of modern contemporary issues in a traditional mould and propel the inhabitants of this great nation toward materialistic progress coupled with spiritual fulfillment. The Bauddhika Kshatriya would think, act and influence others.
The Bauddhika Kshatriya shall not escape the realities of modern mundane life. He/she would transcend it with clear visionary thinking. The Bauddhika Kshatriya would be dispassionate, calm and still argue with the precision of a missile. The Bauddhika Kshatriya would not fear or complain about adverse circumstances; he/she would take the fight to the enemy camp, set the agenda and be proactive in all circumstances. The Bauddhika Kshatriya shall be revolutionary in outlook and would correct historical wrongs committed by the people.
As Frawley states, “The new intellectual Kshatriya must throw up an ethical challenge, which is the challenge of Dharma, exposing the danger of exclusivist religious cults, materialistic political philosophies, and unchecked commercialism. The West throws its ethical challenge to the world, criticizing other countries, including India, for lack of human rights. This requires a Hindu response, which is to expose the West’s promotion of arms sales, environmental depredation, and projection of sensate materialism all over the world.”  The Bauddhika Kshatriya would establish an alternate to the current western models of science, religion and politics.
The Bauddhika Kshatriya would objectively analyze and explain unanswered questions like why Hindu-majority areas like Lahore, Sylhet and Chittagong were given away to Pakistan by Nehru . The Bauddhika Kshatriya would be the messiah of Indians everywhere on Earth . The Bauddhika Kshatriya would assist the Indians in Fiji , aid the Indians in Malaysia , enthuse the Indians in Africa  and inspire the Indians in the Americas . The Bauddhika Kshatriya would emancipate the hungry millions of the land, yet making the ideal tradeoff in the guns versus butter choice. The Bauddhika Kshatriya would establish Ram Rajya in this country and demolish the ant-Hindu communist conspirators mouthing socialist shibboleths in the universities .
Challenges before the Bauddhika Kshatriya
A Bauddhika Kshatriya would combat the following sections of the Indian nation.
1. Mullah: This refers to the Sunni Muslim  elite, which insists on a separate identity than their Indian one. The present government spends more than 190 crores on the Haj travel in an action devoid of any economic benefit . The imam of a certain mosque refused to pray for the soldiers at Kargil as they were combating a Muslim Pakistan . The Moplah rebellion  and activities of SIMI  also fall in to this category.
2. Missionary: This refers to the Christian missionaries who openly attack Hinduism . In spite of Gandhiji openly criticizing conversion , the activities of the missionaries have continued unabated . Using deception , violence , disguise under cloak of school  and hospital  the missionaries have contributed directly to the present chaos in the Northeast  and the tribal hinterlands of MP and Orissa .
3. Minorityist: This refers to the so called secularists dominating our landscape today . The National Human Rights Commission displayed this by raking up the Best Bakery Case while turning a Nelson’s eye to the Jogeshwari case where the accused Muslims were acquitted for want of evidence . The Election Commission of India displayed this by postponing elections in Gujarat, while holding it in the much more disturbed Jammu and Kashmir .
4. Marxist: This refers to the extreme Chinese nationalists  born as Indians merely by ‘accident of birth’ . They successfully transformed Calcutta from a gem to a dowager of a city within 25 years of misrule . They further have left no stone unturned in any anti-national activity in the country .
5. Mandalist: This category brought the Indian public sector to its ultimate downfall by implementing time bound promotions for certain Superior Castes/ Scientific Tribes also known as SC/STs . They destroyed meritocracy and established anti-Brahminism as the fundamental philosophy of political life .
6. Mayoist: This refers to the progeny of Catherine Mayo , whom Gandhi described as ‘a drain inspector’ . This category believes that everything good in India came from outside and everything bad is purely indigenous. They constitute most of our Page 3 socialites.
7. Maoist: This refers to the Naxalites  and their fellow journeymen who believe in a nation-less world. Their imprudent action has only served to accentuate poverty in regions they afflict .
8. Macaulayite: This refers to the Convent-educated elite marinated for years in Nehruvian socialism. They have inculcated several characteristics from the above listed categories. Their legendary activities make them more Christian than the Christians themselves .
9. Me, Mine, Myself: This category has never bothered itself with any development till they are directly impacted by it. But often it is too late for them to react when it actually comes to them .
10. Media: This M-factor is controlled by the above 9 Ms. This so called secular device has done untold damage to the Indian nationalistic feelings, religious traditions and cultural values .
The modern era is characterized by several radical developments like the deluge of information for which there appears to be no precedent in history. This provides both an opportunity  and a risk factor to the emergence of India as a great global power . The enemies of the nation have mounted an unprecedented attack on it. Any attempt to benefit India in the remotest way is criticized openly  or ‘stifled with silence’ . As the soul of India wrenches in misery at the myriad knots the so called secularists weave, the weave nation as a whole awaits the emergence of a new Swami Vivekananda to lead it through these turbulent times. The hour of reckoning of the youth of the country has come. Are the youth of India ready for this challenge? The Mother is waiting…
The US Supreme Court in a landmark judgement pronounced that while the American state is secular, the American country is Christian .
Is there one person in this vast nation of one billion where more than half of the population is below the age of 25 who could make a similar statement that while the Indian state is secular, the Indian nation is Hindu?
Is there one person in this vast nation of one billion where more than half of the population is below the age of 25 who can stand up and repeat the following verse by Guru Gobind Singh with pride?
“Vedahun vidit dharma pracharyun, Gohat kalamka vishva nivaryun.
Sakal jagat mein Khalsa Panth gaajey, Jagey dharm Hindu sakal bhand Bhajey”
(May I preach the Vedas to the whole mankind / May I remove the blot of cow-slaughter from the whole world / May the Khalsa Panth reign supreme / Long live Hinduism and falsehood perish) 
Is there one person in this vast nation of one billion where more than half of the population is below the age of 25 who could put the interests of the nation above all provincial, parochial and regional interests?
Is there one person in this vast nation of one billion where more than half of the population is below the age of 25 who could challenge the distortions about India in the media, in the schools, in the books and over the Internet?
Is there one person in this vast nation of one billion where more than half of the population is below the age of 25 who could successfully lead India to a world superpower status by 2050?
Are the youth of India ready for the challenge? The Mother is waiting…
1. The present paper is inspired from and based upon Dr David Frawley (Vamadev Shastri) ‘s classic effort titled ‘A Call for an Intellectual (Bauddhika) Kshatriya’ at http://www.hindubooks.org/david_frawley/
2. “Information is the key to the modern age, a new age that offers possibilities for the future limited only by the boundaries of our imaginations.” …Tony Blair
3. Mahatma Gandhi used the media effectively to serve the media and exhort the people of this country to his cause. See ‘Mahatma Gandhi and Mass Media’ by Prof V S Gupta at http://www.mkgandhi.org/mass_media.htm
4. Mohammed Ali Jinnah founded the Dawn newspaper (www.dawn.com) and used it effectively to convince the Muslim elite throughout the country to vote for a separate Muslim entity. Later more than half of those who voted for Pakistan were asked to stay back in India.
5. This fact is well documented in the report titled ‘The Subtle Subversion: A report on Curricula and Textbooks in Pakistan’ prepared by A H Nayyar and Ahmed Salim. The document is available athttp://www.sdpi.org/archive/nayyar_report.htm
6. The role of Islam as the defining ‘ideology’ of Pakistan is well described in ‘Islam and the Ideology of Pakistan’ by Smruti S Pattanaik in Strategic Analysis Dec 1998 (Vol XXII No 9)
7. The Myth of the Aryan Invasion now repudiated by various scholars is discussed at various sources including here: ‘The Myth of Aryan Invasion of India’ by Dr David Frawley athttp://www.hindubooks.org/david_frawley/
The more interested reader could explore the links athttp://www.hindunet.org/hindu_history/
8. This trend of hiding the heinous and intolerant actions of the Mughals is described in ‘Negationism in India: Concealing the Record of Islam’ by Dr Koenraad Elst. Other related books are available online on the Bharatvani site at http://www.bharatvani.org/
9. An interesting book is ‘Rewriting Indian History’ by Francois Gautier published by Vikas Publishing House Pvt Ltd, New Delhi. Online it is at http://www.hindu.org/publications/fgautier/rih.html
10. Daniel Pipes also mentions it in his article ‘Extremist Islam’s American Lobby’ at http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?
11. The centers of South Asian studies in every major university in US are filled with India-baiters who are either Pakistani or Marxist. These groups regularly hold meetings on Kashmir where they gleefully and unanimously berate India on various counts of human rights violations.
12. Rajiv Malhotra addresses this issue in this Rediff article athttp://www.rediff.com/news/2003/dec/08rajiv.htm titled ‘Does South Asian Studies Undermine India?’
13. See who Business Week talks of the rapid growth of an entity called ‘Greater China’ at http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content
14. In contrast, no attempt is made by the media to show the great cultural impact of India on neighboring nations like Myanmar, Cambodia and Indonesia. E.g. Indonesia still retains Sanskrit names, Cambodia has the world’s largest Hindu temple.
15. In this article, the author mentions Indian only in the first name and then goes on using a defunct term like ‘Asiatic Elephant’.http://www.press.jhu.edu/books/
16. Rajeev Srinivasan mentions this fact in his Rediff article athttp://www.rediff.com/news/2000/mar/19rajeev.htm titled ‘Why I am not a South Asian?’
17. According to one survey 98% of the yoga instructors are Americans. The Indians somehow have not got associated with this activity at all.
18. Certain individuals have projected their own variety of Meditation techniques as distinct from Sanatana Dharma or the Hindu way of living.
19. The fact that Musharraf holds many more press meetings has been described earlier also. Kaushik Kapisthalam in an article titled ‘Analysing South Asian Analysts’ describes how US analysts often end up equating India and Pakistan.
20. The term Resident Non-Indian (RNI) appears to have been coined by Rajeev Srinivasan in his Rediff article titled ‘Patriot Games and Resident Non-Indians’ at http://www.rediff.com/news/2003/may/22rajeev.htm
21. A simple google search for the phrase ‘Centers for Peace, Justice and Secularism’ would validate this fact. This is an alarming trend that must be tackled by the nationalists. The anti-Indian forces cannot be allowed to permanently hijack those words.
22. It is an ironical fact the very fellows claiming to be fighting poverty manage to increase it. A certain pseudo-secular party in India continues to get votes in the name of ‘Garibi hatao’ while doing its best in retaining it in the country.
23. The Marxist historians (thoroughly exposed in Arun Shourie’s Eminent Historians) perpetuated several myths that have now been exposed. At http://www.geocities.com/ ifihhome/articles/bbl002.htmlBB Lal writes on ‘Why Perpetuate Myths?’ Another article originally published in the Organiser also calls the bluff of the Marxistshttp://www.hvk.org/articles/0102/203.html
24. The absolute control of the English media by a small section of anti-nationals would probably be the subject of a research study in the future. The disease, thankfully, has not spread to the vernacular media that still retains its objectivity in contents and reporting.
25. It is a wonder that in spite of monumental evidence supporting the Hindus, the pseudo-secularists managed to keep the issue burning. Posterity would definitely record the Ayodhya dispute as the greatest example of the success of the Mephistophelean Goebbels technique. For an introduction to the issue, look at http://ayodhya2000.tripod.com./
26. Prof Ramesh Rao provided an interesting analysis of the Gujarat situation in a report titled ‘Genocide in Gujarat or Massacring of truth’ in an email circulated in the RRCC Experts Forum e-group.
27. This penurious image of India also enabled fraudulent organizations like the Missionaries of Charity to gather money for conversion activities. Several independent scholars like Christopher Hitchens, Aroup Chatterjee, and MS Srinivasan have now exposed the mask of Mother Teresa.
28. The above quote is from ‘Sita Ram Goel- 80 yrs completed’ Author: Navratna S. Rajaram Publication: Bhartiya Pragna Date: February 2002
29. I had taken the phrase from the text at this page: http://www.geocities.com/akhandbharat1947/akhand.html
30. The present Marxist written NCERT textbooks mainly ignores Patel’s contribution to India. Some information on the Iron Man of India is available at http://www.bhagatsingh.com/sardar_vallabhai_patel.htm
31. The pseudo-secularists launched a vicious disinformation campaign against the IDRF. Here is a rebuttal of the fake manufactured charges at
http://www.letindiadevelop.org/thereport/ . It is titled ‘A Factual Response to the Hate Attack on the India Development and Releif Fund.’
32. The drama enacted by the NGOs to ruin the Sivakasi cracker industry is well documented by S Gurumurthy in his column in the New Indian Express at http://www.newindpress.com/Column.asp?ID=I
EH20020222231458&P=old titled ‘Defaming as a profession, to doing down businesses and communities’
33. This is a double-crossed game the Marxists play. On one hand, they exhort the industrialists to restraint themselves from investing in Gujarat and on the other hand, they write articles in the media attributing the lack of investment in Gujarat to the Hindutva government there. Unfortunately for the Marxists and fortunately for India, the investments simply boomed under the administration of Narendra Modi.
34. Times of India archives, December 2003
35. In India, the RSS is perceived to pro-army as it has consistently drawn attention to the harsh conditions under they operate as opposed to the communists who seek persecution of our jawans for killing Pakistani terrorists.
36. ‘Mr. Ram, who endorsed the views of Mr. Aziz, said that the post-1998 tensions in the sub-continent could be directly linked to the ascendance of the Hindutva right-wingers in India and nuclearisation of both the countries’… This line is from the pages of ‘The Hindu’ itself that has of late established a name for itself as the most anti-Hindu newspaper on the planet. See athttp://www.hinduonnet.com/thehindu/2002/08/15/s
37. The article by the unbelievably self-hating Indian journalist Sarmila Bose is accessible at http://www.businessstandard.com/
archives/2003/nov/50271103.086.asp . It is titled ‘Permanent Membership not for India’. The article demonstrates the extents to which these fellows can go to hinder India’s interests.
38. In a shocking display of decline in journalistic standards, Deccan Chronicle columnist Seema Mustafa writes thus athttp://www.deccan.com/columnists/
seema.shtml – PM vs Sonia‘He consults all for a feedback, makes up his own mind, and then acts with the Brahminical deviousness for which he is renowned.’ This fact came to my notice through an email by Dr Arindam Banerji at the RRCC Experts Forum e-group.
39. An excellent study of the changing demographic trends in the country has been published by the Center for Policy Studies and is jointly authored by AP Joshi, MD Srinivas and JK Bajaj.
40. See ‘Demographic Changes in Border Areas: great security risk’ by PM Kamath at www.samachar.com/features/101103-featuers.html
41. http://www.hvk.org/Publications/arun.html is an interesting link to start off. The Pope openly declared in India his intention to convert India into a Christian colony.
42. The atrocities of the church in India is brilliantly captured by this site www.christreview.org
43. http://www.indiacause.com/ol/OL_031029.htm details how systematically the Karnataka Congress government diverted money from the Hindu temples to the madrassas. It is indeed a tragic contortion of secularism that the Congress is practicing in this country.
44. http://www.templenet.com has information on major Indian temples. The Vishnu temples in Tamil Nadu are better dealt with at
45. The comprehensive review of the J&K situation is given athttp://www.cifjkindia.org/main/index.shtml
46. News on the Godhra incident and the subsequent riots is available at http://www.rediff.com/news/godhra.htm
47. http://www.frontlineonnet.com/fl1601/16010940.htm In this article, the Marxist tabloid dubs the war cry of ‘Bande(Vande) Mataram’ as communal in a great act of insult to the majority community.
48. S Gurumurthy explores this issue further in his article in the Organiser dated Oct 24, 1998 titled ‘Vande Mataram then, Saraswati Vandana now’
49. MF Hussain’s depiction of Goddess Saraswati and Sita in the nude provoked hurt Shiv Sena members to attack the painting in Mumbai a few years back. This prompted a backlash from the pseudo-secular class which took great pains to explain why drawing Hindu goddesses in the nude was liberal, but doing the same for Christians or Muslims was communal.
50. Paul Courtright’s demeaning book on Lord Ganesha was withdrawn from the market by MLBD after a furore and controversy over its contents.
51. UNESCO recently declared the tradition of Vedic chanting as ‘an intangible heritage of humanity.’ Less than 1500 practitioners of the ancient art remain in the country now.
52. I personally witnessed how a certain cousin of mine introduced the ‘Bhagwad Gita’ to his 3rd grade(class) child as ‘the Bible of the Hindus.’ He clarified to me saying that his daughter educated in a convent school knew all about Noah and Jesus as compared to nothing of our past heritage.
53. Diminishing returns and falling patronage has sounded the death knell for several forms of indigenous sculpture, art and music.
54. While the Christian west resorted to burning heretics, the Indians had employed the technique of scholarly debate to convince the heretics of the flaws in their thinking. Adi Sankara traversed the length and breadth of India propagating Vedanta using his speech as the sole weapon. http://www.advaita-vedanta.org/avhp/sankara-life.html
55. The glory of Guru Gobind Singh, the great savior of Hindus and the Indians, is described at http://www.baisakhi1999.org/main.htm
56. Information on the patriot-saint Swami Vivekananda can be accessed at http://www.vivekananda.org/
57. Information on the patriot-saint Sri Aurobindo can be accessed athttp://www.sriaurobindosociety.org.in/sriauro/sriauro.htm
58. Also called anvikshiki, nyaya-vistara, nyaya-darshana, hetu-vidya, hetu-shastra, vada-vidya, and pramana-shastra
59. Swami ji gave several inspirational speeches directed at the youth of the country. One of them is available athttp://www.caip.rutgers.edu/~kanth/jwz/mbm/call.html
60. The pseudo-secularist gang has attempted unsuccessfully to vilify Veer Savarkar. Here is an article against it
62. A short lecture on the Vande Mataram by Sri Aurobindo along with the English translation of our national song is given athttp://intyoga.freeservers.com/bande.htm
63. Nehru committed grave errors that continue to plague India. His mistakes in Kashmir are chronicled at http://www.kashmir-information.com/
ConvertedKashmir/ A lot of literature already exists pointing out the ‘Nehruvian blunders’. A recent article by Arvind Lavakare on the same is at
64. The Indian government under the administration of Vajpayee has attempted to bring together the Indian diaspora. Seehttp://indiandiaspora.nic.in/
65. The George Speight controversy brought the condition of Indians in Fiji into the media glare. Here is Salman Rushdie defending the Indian community. http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/opinion/fijiop.shtml
66. The Indian community in Malaysia is one of the poorest in that nation and the involvement of the community in criminal activites has also been high. The recent ill-treatment of Indians at Malaysian airports was highlighted by the media. See
67. Idi Amin rudely expelled the Indians from Uganda. Seehttp://www.rediff.com/us/2001/aug/11can.htm Their experience in Kenya was not too better. See
Indians in SouthAfrica are described in a book by Prakash Jain.
68. Indians are also found in huge numbers in Surinam and Guyana. Seehttp://www.caribbeanhindu.com/Arrival.htm
69. JNU has long been regarded as the bastion of the Indian Marxists. Vishal Agarwal in his satire on pseudo-secularism at
“Jai Jai Jai Romila Maayi, Dayaa karo Soniya ki Naayi . West Bengal ik secular samaaju, JNU hi teeratharaaju “
70. This list of the Ms is inspired from this sitehttp://www.geocities.com/satyawaadi/tenm.html
71. The Shia leaders have been visibly more accommodative than the Sunni leadership. Maulana Kalbe Sadiq even allowed the Hindus to worship at the Babri site.
72. The loss to the Indian economy accruing by the subsidization of the Haj pilgrimage by the ‘secular’ Indian government is documented athttp://www.hvk.org/articles/0597/0112.html
73. Maulana Wahiduddin set an ignominious precedent in Indian history by refusing to pray for the Kargil martyrs. Sonia Gandhi and Priyanka attended his funeral later.
74. The Moplah massacre was one of the most gruesome acts of murder by the Muslims rivaled only by the Razakars in Hyderabad in 47, and the ethnic cleansing in Pakistan and Bangladesh after partition. Moplah was replayed recently. Here is a report on it by Rajeev
75. A paper on SIMI is at the SAAG site at
http://www.saag.org/papers9/paper825.html by R Upadhyay
76. Dina Nath Mishra at the BJP site stresses for a need for a dialogue on conversion at http://www.bjp.org/impart/dinjan99.htm
77. The Mahatma is reported to have said, “Every nation considers its own faith to be as good as that of any other. Certainly, the great faiths of India are enough for her people,” A beautiful collection of Gandhiji’s sayings against conversion is athttp://www.caribbeanhindu.com/Gandhi_Conversion.htm
78. See MV Kamath’s article at http://www.geocities.com/Athens/
80. The violence by the Christian secessionists in the North-East is well known. Other instances are at
81. There is nothing secular about the missionary schools. They propogate a blatant communal propaganda.
82. The missionaries established a great lead in setting up hospitals. Their maneuvers are recorded at .
83. The church is openly supporting the secessionists in the North East. The Presbyterians are the main Church there. Some information on how they reached there is available athttp://www.mundus.ac.uk/cats/51/1042.htm
85. The minority rules and reigns and has power. And the majority does not even have the right to opinion. Such is the thinking of the minorityists today. Pritish Nandy chides them in 2 articles at Rediff athttp://www.rediff.com/news/2001/feb/08nandy.htm andhttp://www.rediff.com/news/2001/feb/01nandy.htm
86. Balbir K Punj has written on the Jogeshwari case athttp://www.hindustantimes.com/2003/Aug/11/
87. Prof Hari Om draws attention to the partisan attitude of James Michael Lyngdog at http://www.kashmirsentinel.com/feb2003/22.html
88. The extreme adulation and love for China amongst their paid stooges is depicted in graphic terms at
Rajeev Srinivasan also dubs the Marxists ‘Chinese Nationalists’ athttp://www.rediff.com/news/2002/jun/21rajeev.htm
89. ‘Disclaiming his Hindu identity, Nehru declared that by education he was an Englishman, by culture a Muslim and by accident of birth, a Hindu’ This famous statement of Nehru and some other English aspects of Nehru’s identity are highlighted athttp://www.hvk.org/articles/1197/0041.html
90. Rajeev Srinivasan briefly touches upon the decline of Calcutta over the times at http://www.rediff.com/news/2003/oct/31rajeev.htm
92. Reservation has led to reverse discrimination rather than affirmative action. An article expressing the same view is athttp://www.utdallas.edu/~kruti/
94. Catherine Mayo in his infamous book titled Mother India dubbed Indians as a world menace and sex-ridden human beings. A critique of the neo-Mayos by S Gurumurthy is at
95. Mahatma Gandhi had dubbed the Mayo book as a drain inspector’s report. An article on ‘Why are India’s Achievements so Little Known’ is athttp://atcweb.atc.tcs.co.in/~sagar/slime.html
96. The Naxalite war in India is documented athttp://www.geocities.com
97. The Marxists everywhere arrive as the messiahs of the poor , but in the end they turn out to the worst oppressors of the meek and the impoverished.
98. Macaulay heralded the rise of English and the consequent decline of Oriental languages in India. A link to the infamous 1835 minute by Macaulay http://www.geocities.com/bororissa/mac.html
99. Martin Niemoeller ‘s famous quote comes to my mind at this juncture: ‘first they came for the Communists, but I was not a Communist, so I did not speak out. Then they came for the Socialists and the trade unionists, but I was neither, so I did not speak out. Then they came for the Jews, but I was not a Jew, so I did not speak out. And when they came for me, there was no one left to speak out for me’ Seehttp://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2002/
100. The media‘s anti-national role is well described at various sources as also is self-evident to need any reference here. Francois Gautier ‘s comment on ‘A Warped Indian Media’ is athttp://www.indianembassy.org/new/NewDelhiPressFile/
101. India’s rise first occurred in the IT sector that was then picked up by the brick and mortar economy. An interesting analysis of the IT sector in India from an outsider’s perspective is athttp://www.auriga.com/Content/img/pdf/it_market_research/i
ndia_report.pdf It is titled ‘India:
Targeting for the Status for a Global IT Superpower.’ Another interesting presentation by S Sadagopan of IIITB titled ‘Software and Silicon: Opportunities for India’ is athttp://www.mit.gov.in/lectures/ssadagopan.ppt
102. The by-now-famous report by Tarun Khanna and Yasheng Huang comparing the growth of India and China is available athttp://www.foreignpolicy.com/story/story.php?
103. A section of the journalistic fraternity has consistently opposed the ‘India Shining’ campaign by the Government of India. T N Ninan ‘s article censuring the government for what he perceives as over-optimism is athttp://in.rediff.com/money/2003/nov/15guest.htm
104. The phrase ‘strangling with silence’ was used by Koenraad Elst to describe how the media on failing to refute Sita Ram Goel intellectually simply blocked any report on him. The media did the same to all Arun Shourie’s books. When they fail to find a fault with a report going against them, they do not change themselves. Instead they condemn the report to ignominy.105. http://www.indolink.com/Forum/India/messages/6912.html The quotation is taken from a Rediff article athttp://www.rediff.com/news/1999/dec/27varsha.htm
(TK Rajesh is a R&D engineer based in Bangalore and writes on the ‘convergent triumvirate of Indian nationalism, Indian culture and Indian religion’. email- email@example.com)